How Can I Get Rid of the Bad Smells in My Flood-Damaged Shop in Fort Lee?
Contact a Good Remediation Service in Fort Lee to Neutralize Foul Floodwater Odors with EPA and OSHA-Approved Chemical Agents
Fort Lee is no stranger to severe weather and flooding. The city’s location on the Hudson River, not far from the northeast coastline, means that it suffers the effects of severe storms throughout the year. In the summer and fall, it weathers frequent tropical storms and full-blown hurricanes. During the winter and spring months, powerful Nor’easters often assault it. When these storms pass through, they usually bring severe flooding with them.
How Do Companies Like SERVPRO Clean Up and Restore Flood-Damaged Businesses?
Floodwaters usually bring with them odorous contaminants, like dead animals, human waste, and hazardous chemicals. SERVPRO and other Fort Lee commercial flood damage cleanup and remediation companies attempt to neutralize these odors by:
• Ventilating your home with high-velocity box fans
• Removing remaining odorous chemicals and particles from the air with state-of-the-art air scrubbers
• Using ultra-low volume foggers to inject disinfectants, antifungals, and deodorants into even the most difficult-to-access areas
• Spraying disinfectants and other antimicrobials directly onto impacted surfaces
After SERVPRO completes this service on your business property, our workers have often eliminated most harmful microbes and unpleasant smells.
What Kinds of Chemical Agents Does SERVPRO Use to Neutralize Unpleasant Smells?
Our highly experienced technicians deal with unwanted odors by first removing their source and then eliminating any remaining smell-producing microorganisms. Some of the chemical products we employ to neutralize odors are:
• Disinfectants and antifungals that kill or slow the proliferation of viruses, bacteria, and fungi
• Agents that force odorous particles out of the air and onto easily cleaned surfaces by combining with them
• Agents that reduce humidity by absorbing moisture
• Odor masking substances that cover up unwanted smells with other, more pleasing odors
SERVPRO, using these scientifically designed chemicals, can effectively get rid of most foul odors associated with flood damage.
If your business is ever impacted by flooding, you need the assistance of a professional flood damage cleanup and restoration service. Call SERVPRO of Fort Lee at (201) 496-6024 for help.